Building Modules

General discussions related to Logic Invoice. The place for you if you cannot find a suitable place for your post.
tazz.harris

Building Modules

Post by tazz.harris » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:36 am

Hello I see that Logic Invoice build is very similar to Opencart :)

Are we able to adapt the opencart extensions to suit logic invoice ?
This has some very good potental, and could be given the similar features to XERO.

Here is some modules that would be really good addition.
  • Option to upload and install vqmods like opencart has, should be a simple tweek.
    Import bank statements for double entry book keeping, XERO use "Yodlee feeds" to pull in transactions automatically.
    Paypal payment intergration giving a link on invoice to directly pay, similar to XERO's option, Opencart has a similar feature too.
    Assigning Invoice items to a "Chart of Accounts"
    Add Purchase Invoice's
    PDF Invoices and email, opencart have some good extensions for this.
    PDF and download all reports,
This is by no means a complete list, but a simple start.

Esmond
Site Admin

Re: Building Modules

Post by Esmond » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:04 am

Logic Invoice is built on OpenCart's framework, but modified accordingly to improve on it.

vQmod is supported (and installed by default), so you can create vQmod scripts and modules accordingly. Logic Invoice has built in payment systems as well, so you can send an invoice to your customer for them to pay through your website.

We're still working on improving the software, but as more developers come on board, the development will surely be quicker :)

tazz.harris

Post by tazz.harris » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:28 pm

when I mentioned the option to upload and install vqmods, I was thinking of the option in opencarts backend that enables you to upload and install extensions.

I have looked into the PDF vqmods from opencart, these should be fairly easy to tweek and implement.
Bank/paypal reconciliation is the next more important thing for logicinvoice to be fully functional.

tazz.harris

Post by tazz.harris » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:02 pm

Making the Dashboard Fluid like XERO would be another great feature,
I have done similar things with opencart so ill see if I can adapt to logic invoice

Esmond
Site Admin

Post by Esmond » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:06 pm

It will be great if you could help contribute a couple of modules to the marketplace to enhance Logic Invoice. Our schedule is pretty packed so development has slowed pretty much, but we're definitely still working on it

Jschoen101

Auto payments

Post by Jschoen101 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:18 pm

Out of the box, it doesn't appear that there is an auto payment feature. The recurring payment feature, just creates a invoice. Is this correct? Are there any auto payment modules out there to plugin?

Esmond
Site Admin

Post by Esmond » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:59 am

Recurring payment will create an invoice to notify customer to make payment for the new invoice. There isn't an automated recurring feature unless you integrate it with paypal subscription or payment processors that support recurring subscriptions.