Color coding suggestion

General discussions related to Logic Invoice. The place for you if you cannot find a suitable place for your post.
andyg2

Color coding suggestion

Post by andyg2 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:52 am

Hi
I found it difficult to quickly see which features were disabled and enabled so I added some simple color coding using the existing bootstrap theme.

The edit is very simple and can be applied on almost all of the *_list.tpl pages and it consists of ternary PHP in one or two forms

For example:
upload/admin/view/template/extension/payment.tpl
line:34
Change

Code: Select all

<tr>
To

<tr<?php echo (!$extension['installed'] ? ' class="danger"': (!$extension['status'] ? ' class="warning"': ''));?>>
-------------------------------------------
Other examples are all very similar (most edits are like this)

upload/admin/view/template/system/language_list.tpl
line: 55
Change

<tr>
To

<tr<?php echo ($language['status']=='Disabled' ? ' class="danger"': '');?>>
-------------------------------------------
One slightly more complex four state coloration- if you have changed the statuses you will need to adjust this though
upload/admin/view/template/billing/invoice_list.tpl
line: 99
Change

<tr>
To

<tr<?php echo ($invoice['status_id']=='2' ? ' class="info"': ($invoice['status_id']=='3' ? ' class="danger"': ($invoice['status_id']=='4' ? ' class="success"': ($invoice['status_id']=='5' ? ' class="warning"': ''))));?>>

I would have submitted a pull request but I have quite a lot of edits and I'm not great at GIT (yet)

Esmond
Site Admin

Re: Color coding suggestion

Post by Esmond » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:39 am

I'm not sure if we would be pulling this into the main project at the moment. Additionally, colour coding based on statuses will require more flexibility for the user to actually configure the invoice status to display a specific colour they require, instead of having us hard code it based on the status ID.

You can perhaps consider releasing your request as an extension onto our marketplace instead as a separate addon for anyone that requires the extended functionality.

andyg2

Post by andyg2 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:12 pm

I completely understand and I have registered as a developer to create micro plugins such as this.

Esmond
Site Admin

Post by Esmond » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:29 pm

No problem, we've already approved your account on our marketplace. You can start building some extensions for our marketplace, but since we're still relatively small, we do not expect high sales volume on our marketplace at the moment.

We're releasing version 1.2.0 in a couple of days, so do look out for the release :)

ThomasTedsmall

Color coding suggestion

Post by ThomasTedsmall » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:40 pm

How can you find a color coded squad ?

eg

B22222Xplosion

how would you type that in the search of the join a squad?

Esmond
Site Admin

Post by Esmond » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:19 am

i'm not sure if i get what you meant color coded squad?