Wrong currency in paypal payment

Request for general support related to Logic Invoice.
Azamorn

Wrong currency in paypal payment

Post by Azamorn » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:42 am

Hi there

I've just set up LogicInvoice on my server for the purpose of managing my own home business, I've got most of the settings all set up, I've added the currencies that I've expected to use and have also set my default currency under Settings, in my case I am using ZAR - South African Rand.
Everything looks as expected on my invoices and all across the site, I generated a test invoice under my name for R 10000, when I went logged into my client account to test the payment procedure with Paypal , I noticed that for some reason Paypal ends up with the wrong currency of USD.
So where I quoted myself R10000 for an item, and it does indeed show R10000 on the invoice, on Paypal it says the payment of $10000 is required, which is entirely incorrect, that is almost R130000, so I'm guessing the currency isn't being correctly parsed by Paypal and it defaults to USD.

I'm a developer and I'm comfortable working with php, I use it daily for work, just would like some direction as to if anyone has encountered an similar issue before, and whether anyone can point me in the direction of the file I need to go poking around in to debug and fix this inconsistency.

I can attach screenshots if needed :)

Esmond
Site Admin

Re: Wrong currency in paypal payment

Post by Esmond » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:57 am

PayPal only supports the list of currencies here: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/class ... ncy_codes/

As your currency isn't supported, you may want to modify the paypal module to do currency conversion to USD. You can look into application/extension/ for the payment module you are using.