Remove General, Payment detail tabs from Invoice_form

Request for general support related to Logic Invoice.
pareeka2

Remove General, Payment detail tabs from Invoice_form

Post by pareeka2 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:32 pm

Hello,

I don't need customer details and payment detail for my application hence i want to remove unwanted tabs from Invoice form and other Invoice related forms.
I am facing just one problem after customization of form i.e. Backward and forward buttons . After removing other tabs now i have only two tabs in my invoice form, Item and review. When i press save on review tab it don't take me back to Invoice_List form unlike it used to happen with un-modified form.
I started to put things inside the form which i removed and found that if i remove General tab ...It doesn't work.

Can anyone please help me, why pressing save on Review tab is not taking me back to invoice list form instead it shows a empty web page.
any help is really appreciated.

-Ashutosh

Esmond
Site Admin

Re: Remove General, Payment detail tabs from Invoice_form

Post by Esmond » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:29 pm

Instead of just removing the tabs totally, you should consider hiding the fields that you don't need, and modifying the system to not validate those fields. Alternatively, set a default value for those fields will be great as well.

pareeka2

Post by pareeka2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Thanks for your comment sir.
The issue was invoice.php under model we were trying to send the data on e-mail captured from customer's email captured from General data tab.
And failure was found in Send() in mail.php . I can't see where we can set default value for customer's e-mail id and i don't see any reason why it should be.
So removing call to send email fixed my issue.

Esmond
Site Admin

Post by Esmond » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:53 am

That's great to hear you fixed up the issue.