Is this the right accounting software for me?

Request for general support related to Logic Invoice.
fish

Is this the right accounting software for me?

Postby fish » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:52 am

Hi Esmond and the great team of Logic Invoice,

I'm in the market for a suitable accounting software for my e-Commerce portal which runs on Opencart 2.x and I'm glad that I bumped into Logic Invoice. Appreciate if you could clarify on this:

1) Would Logic Invoice covers all my accounting needs?

2) Can it be integrated with OC 2.x?

3) Can it be customized to reflect each country's tax structure, for instance GST/VAT?

I truly hope your answer would be "Yes" for all 3 :D

Thanks guys and keep being awesome!

Esmond
Site Admin

Re: Is this the right accounting software for me?

Postby Esmond » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:45 am

Hello,

Regarding your questions:

1. It depends on what your needs are. Accounting for tax, or just profit etc? You can have a look at the online demo and Logic Invoice already comes with a few accounting reports.

2. Yes, there's a Logic Invoice integration available right now with OpenCart 1.5 and OpenCart 2.x.

3. Logic Invoice is open source, you are free to customise it further to your needs :)

fish

Postby fish » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:58 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply Esmond!

Questions #2 & 3 are covered. I'm happy enough.

For #1, my need would an all-inclusive accounting software ie for tax, reporting, profit, submissions etc. Especially when it comes to compliance with laws & regulations. In general, how do you compare Logic Invoice with others, for instance Sage, MYOB, Quickbooks etc?

Esmond
Site Admin

Postby Esmond » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:00 pm

Logic Invoice will meet your basic accounting needs. However, if you need more comprehensive reporting, you will have to build the reports yourself. At the moment, with journal entries, you can pull all necessary information and put it into your reports accordingly.

fish

Postby fish » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:32 pm

Thanks a lot Esmond. I'll give Logic Invoice a try. Keep on doing the good stuff!

fish

Postby fish » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:35 am

Just a bit of an update.

I've installed the LI via Softaculous which was such a breeze. No need to go through the 'long' way as provided in the installation guide :lol: .

I've also downloaded the LI Integration zip file from http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/download&extension_download_id=1078407.

When I wanted to install the .zip integration file via Extension Installer, I keep receiving "Invalid file type!" error message. I've created an FTP account as suggested by this user (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds8oWCgZqgU) but up to no avail.

Where did I go wrong and how to overcome this? Appreciate your assistance. Thanks!

Esmond
Site Admin

Postby Esmond » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:54 am

Our extensions cannot be installed onto OpenCart via their extension installer. The easiest way is to unzip the files, and upload the files. The files will then merge.

You will also need to apply 2 commits as we made changes to the system and not yet pack it as a release for Logic Invoice: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=425#p456

fish

Postby fish » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:39 am

Hi Esmond,

I've installed both the LI & LI's OC integration (except for the 2 commits which I do not know how to implement them). After doing all these by myself (on which I have very limited knowledge especially when it comes to programming), I doubt whether I have done the right installation. I tried to sync the dummy products in OC but they did not appear in LI.

Is it possible for you to check my installation & settings?

Haven't launched my site yet, so want to ensure everything is in place and ready for the launch.

Thanks!

Esmond
Site Admin

Postby Esmond » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:16 pm

I will get back to you on your PM.

fish

Postby fish » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Thank you Esmond and team for tweaking my installation. Works like a charm now. You guys rock!

Return to “General Support”